Do you use Gmail? if yes then how secure is it? we log in to our mail from various gadgets, locations and browsers. The main issue arise when you log in from a browser and you save login details, these details can be easily retrieved and can be logged into our account. Now how to prevent such condition and be secure in every scenario. Here is step by step guide on how to enable Gmail two-step verification. Know More
Why Two-Step Verification Is Necessary.
- It creates an extra layer of security to your account.
- If you lose the password, you have something within reach to prove it’s you.
- Alert you by sending security codes if anyone tries to log in.
- It’s become easy to log in from anywhere without any fear.
- It prevents your account from getting hacked.
How To Enable Two-Step Verification
- Visit https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/two-step-verification/enroll-welcome
- Now click on “Get Started”
- Sign in with your Gmail account.
- Enter your phone number in the text box to get security codes/calls.
- Now select the option how would you like to receive codes. Text message or voice call.
- Click “Send Codes“, Within few sec/min you will receive a code.
- Enter the code in text box and click “Verify” ( If you didn’t get the code click on text written “Didn’t get the code” and resend again )
- Now it will ask you whether to verify codes on this computer if it’s your primary device tick “trust this computer“
- Click Next, and proceed further.
- Click Confirm to Enable Gmail two-step verification.
Now You have successfully enabled two-step verification on your Gmail account. If you want to change your phone number, then log into Gmail account > go my account > Sign in & Security Scroll down to Signing in to security. Here you will find two-step verification click and customize settings. Stay Safe, Stay Secure.
This is a guest post written by Vaibhav Kulkarni, you can find out more about him on his website.