As Google had put a condition long back that better page load speed is directly linked to the Search Engine Optimization. It is important for any website in order to get high rankings in SEO, the site must load fast.
It is also said that visitors may abandon the site if the page load takes longer than 3 seconds. So it is very important to optimize all the data on the site to get higher page speeds.
Fortunately, there are many tools that help you to check the page load speed of the website. In this article, we will briefly explain the WordPress plugins that are needed to check the speed of the website for better ranking in SEO.
- Hummingbird: Hummingbird is a free optimization tool for WordPress, it runs scans similar to PageSpeed Insights to let you know the score of your website. It also offers suggestions to help you optimize your site for better scores.
- AMP: AMP is used to speed up the mobile pages for better SEO.
- Lazy Load For Videos: This plugin helps your site load faster when there are a number of embedded videos on your site. It loads video only after user interaction.
- Remove Query Strings: WordPress adds query strings to all static resources and it becomes difficult for the cache plugin to cache those files. So use this plugin to remove query strings from static resources.
- Smush: If your WordPress post has too many images then loading that page takes more time. In order to minimize the loading time Smush helps you to optimize the images for better speeds.
- WP Fastest Cache: Some cache plugins are not well handled by WordPress, it becomes to difficult to delete cache at sometimes. WP Fastest Cache has no problems like that, it works smoothly on WordPress and caches the pages to increase the speed.