Want to listen to music while doing something else? The YouTube app won’t let you do that. Let me tell you more clearly, suppose you are listening to songs on YouTube on your mobile, but if you close the YouTube app, songs also stop. Google won’t let you do that easily on your mobile because of YouTube Red service.
Luckily, we have some workarounds which let you listen to music on your mobile in the background for Android and iOS devices.
Workarounds for iPhone and Android
On Android all you need to do is access YouTube in your browser. We will give you more clear steps to do same below.
1. Open www.youtube.com in your Chrome browser.
2. Open Chrome browser menu and check the “Request desktop site” checkbox.
3. Open the music video you want to listen.
4. If you are shown warning saying YouTube wants to send you notifications, accept it.
5. Exit the Chrome browser and you’ll be able to resume playback from the notification menu.
On iOS device just install Dolphin web browser, open the music video and it will let you control playback from the iOS Control Center same as Android device.
Get YouTube Red
There is another option, you have to subscribe to YouTube Red subscription which is $9.99 per month. You can use the YouTube app for this very purpose. It is one of the benefits of YouTube Red subscription. That is the reason why Google won’t let you listen to music in the background on your mobile.
Related post: How do you update a rooted Android phone